We finally got around to tiling around the other two windows in the studio! Next week we’ll grout the tiles; but we’ll have to replace the big picture window before we can finish it.
Which won’t be this year.
We used an old sliding glass door as our picture window; the seal around the two sheets of glass has broken (as it also has in the apartment picture window) so it has a streaked film inside from moisture getting between the glass.
I think we’ll probably do a more traditional finish on the picture window, though. It took a very long time to make and mount the tiles.
In the meantime, we’ll just enjoy the new tile work on the small windows.
Applying tiles over the mastic
And more tiles
We laid the tiles out on a piece of sheetrock to make the process quicker and easier
Setting tiles on the outside framework
The finished job. Ben did all the work; I just took the pictures. After the mastic dries thoroughly, we’ll apply grout. will be helping on that part of the project